Monday, June 04, 2007

A State of Mind

I just finished watching a 2003 documentary on the Mass Games by Daniel Gordon. The film is called A State Of Mind and follows two Korean girls as they practice for the mass games. I've seen one other documentary about North Korea and found it interesting how I came out with two very different feelings after each one. After watching this documentary, I found it interesting that I did not leave with a negative view of North Korea. It was obvious that North Korea was behind on modern technology etc, but there were so many scenes in which these people seemed "normal." I thought it was interesting that even when CNN interviewed Daniel Gordon he never gave an opinion about North Korea and stated that his documentary was supposed to be non judgemental. Overall, I thought it was good documentary that honestly showed North Korean life for the privledged as well as the ideologies of the state.

No comments: