Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Confucianism in North Korean State Development

I found this article in the Harvard Asia Quarterly while I was doing some research for my paper and it contains information some of you might find interesting...The author Jin Woong Kang said that loyalty and filial piety, which are Confucian traditions, are not ideals which have challenged the development of the North Korean state, but in fact have acted to stregnthen the state. It also has a lot of info on how relationships between men and women were altered throughout the development of the state, and people's response to land ownership policies.

http://www.asiaquarterly.com/content/view/173/43/

I know I'm being bad for not making a fancy shortcut, but my internet keeps shutting off and I can't figure it out! =( Sorry, kids.

No comments: