Saturday, May 31, 2008

North Korean Website, Naenara

Hello all.
While doing researches at the library, I found an interesting on-line source about North Korea, which is Naenara. Naenara, meaning my country in Korean, is a type of portal website operated by North Korea. Arguably, it is known that North Korea suppresses its media thoroughly for fear of potential internal rebels. In this regard, the existence of such a thing came to me as a surprise. As you can imagine, it is all about propaganda basically. It offers diverse news and information in nine different languages including Korean, English, French, German, Chinese and Japanese. In consideration of the fact that its server is currently located in Germany, I assume that it is only accessible to foreigners. If you want to, you can register as a member and buy some of DPRK ringback tone musics from there. I was reluctant to do it, though. Instead, Hans and I successfully made a fake id under the name of Global Resource Center (GRC) for fun.
Please enjoy this intriguing website below.

http://www.kcckp.net/en/

No comments: